There are two reading assigned for the Derivative in CFA Level 1 2020 curriculum.
- Derivative Market and Instruments.
- Basics of Derivatives Pricing and Valuation.
I will go all the concept from scratch as derivative is complex topic. I will assume you don’t have any derivative experience in past.
This course will help you to be successful in the CFA level 1 derivative reading.
What you’ll learn
- Students able to define forward contracts, future contracts, options (calls and put), swaps, and credit derivatives.
- Define a derivatives and distinguish between exchange traded and over the counter derivatives
- Distinguish between value and price of forward and futures contracts
- Explain Put call parity for European option
- Explain the value of European option is determined at expiration
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- Basic Math knowledge
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is about to enroll in CFA Level 1
- CFA Level 1 Candidates